News & Portfolio
Unveiling a Ground-breaking Play: “He Kept Me Safe” Shedding Light on Gay Male Intimate Partner Violence
Tickets available at: https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/he-kept-me-safe "He Kept Me Safe" is a new compelling play fearlessly tackling the invisible issue of intimate partner violence within the LGBTQ community, a topic seldom discussed yet affecting one in three...
Introduction Pride Month holds a significant historical value for the LGBTQ+ community, not only in the United States but also in the United Kingdom. It is a time when people across these nations come together to commemorate the struggles, achievements, and progress...
Introduction Inclusion in the workplace is no longer just a buzzword or a nice-to-have, but rather an essential component of any successful organization. Inclusive working policies ensure that all employees feel valued, respected, and heard, regardless of their...
Introduction Conversion Practices (CP) refer to the various methods used to attempt to change or suppress a person's sexual orientation or gender identity. This form of practice has been widely condemned by mental health organizations as ineffective, harmful, and...
Intimate partner violence (IPV) is defined as any behaviour by a intimate (ex)partner(s) that causes physical, sexual, or psychological, social harm (Word Health Organization, 2012). IPV can affect individuals regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity....
Empowering Health and Social Practice: Join Wellbeing Insight and Co's Community Today! Are you seeking ongoing research, evaluation, and workforce development advice for your organisation in the health and social practice sectors? Look no further than Wellbeing...
Wellbeing Insight is a company dedicated to providing healthcare practitioners with the knowledge and tools they need to comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulations. With the GDPR in effect since May 2018, it is necessary for healthcare...
Person-centred practice (PCP) is a client-focused approach to healthcare that prioritizes the individual's experiences, preferences, and values. This approach differs from the traditional medical model that focuses solely on diagnosing and treating physical symptoms...
Over the last 70 years, the UK government has made repeated attempts to address the many inequalities faced by LGBT+ people and their diverse communities within all its constituencies. The foundations of change in Britain began following the Wolfenden Report (1957),...
LGBTQ+ Policy Stakeholder Consultation
Overview: Wellbeing Insight and Co. embarked on a pioneering consultation in collaboration with the Scottish Government to investigate the influences of social and domestic factors on LGBTQ+ individuals’ identities in Scotland. This stakeholder consultation formed part of the Scottish Conversion Practice criminal and civil measures development.
Through digital engagement with stakeholders, including LGBTQ+ individuals and professionals supporting the community, we aimed to understand the influence of ecological factors on sexuality and gender identity concealment and change, including providing key recommendations.
- Creation of a user-friendly website platform for LGBTQ+ stakeholders to access clear, comprehensive user-friendly information.
- Collaborative partnerships with multiple LGBTQ+ individuals and organisations, and wider policy makers.
- Digital data collection and analysis of validated anonymous participant experiences to explore lived experience.
- Specialist theoretical framework approach to provide structured and objective presentation of findings and development of recommendations.
- Significant clear recommendations to inform awareness, education, legislation, policy, and support provision.
Conclusion: Through our comprehensive approach, Wellbeing Insight and Co. made significant strides in shedding light on social and domestic influences on LGBTQ+ identify. Our work contributed to criminal and civil measures to support to the LGBTQ+ community. We remain dedicated to diversity, equity and promoting inclusivity for the LGBTQ+ community in Scotland and beyond.
Action Research Education
Overview: Wellbeing Insight and Co. in collaboration with Regent College London developed an accredited academic module on person-centred action research for health application. The module aimed to educate, enhance skills, promote collaboration, and facilitate the application of person-centred research practices within healthcare.
- Comprehensive curriculum covering theoretical foundations, research methodologies, and practical applications.
- Blended leering approach using digital/non-digital learning through synchronous and asynchronous methods.
- Active learner centred learning strategies, including case studies and hands-on exercises.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration to encourage shared learning and innovative problem-solving.
- Opportunities to shape real-world research experiences and application in healthcare settings.
- Enhanced knowledge and understanding of person-centred principles and research methodologies.
- Developed practical research skills for data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Fostered interdisciplinary collaboration and networking among students.
- Enabled the application of person-centred research in real-world healthcare contexts.
Conclusion: Wellbeing Insight and Co. produced an accredited academic module on person-centred action research for health services successfully educated and equipped students with the skills and knowledge necessary for person-centred healthcare improvements. Our commitment to promoting collaboration and practical application ensures that students are well-prepared to contribute to the advancement of person-centred principles in healthcare.